Healthy carrot Cake Muffins recipe: While carrots and nuts are both nutritious ingredients, carrot cake is immensely loaded with sugar and fat. Your cake may be as high as 300 to 600 calories, based on the cake amount. Comparatively, to regular cakes, it is the healthier choice. Carrots provide a wide range of nutrients essential to health. The cake typically uses whole wheat flour and contains less sugar than others. Carrot cake is an excellent alternative for those looking for an alternative to a healthy dessert.
- Total Cook Time30 minutes
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings12
Ingredients of Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cups Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 oz light cream cheese(225 g), softened
- Half cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
1. The oven should be preheated at 350 degrees F (175degC).
2. The eggs must be whisked until light and fluffy in an enormous bowl.
3. The mixture should be soft and fluffy, and Greek yogurt should be added.
4. Add the vanilla essence and milk along with maple syrup. Again, beat the mixture until it gets to a smooth consistency.
5. Sprinkle whole baking powder, wheat flour, and cinnamon on top of the dry ingredients. After mixing, combine dry and wet ingredients using the help of a spatula.
6. Make the batter in the 12-cup muffin tray, brushed with an ice cream scoop medium size.
7. Make the muffins and bake them for around 20 minutes or until they’ve grown and have set.
8. Cream cheese must be whipped and smoothed into a bowl small enough to make the frosting.
9. Remix the mixture to ensure a thorough mixing after adding the vanilla and maple syrup.
10. Use a small scoop of ice cream to spread the icing over the muffins after they relax. To ensure the icing is evenly distributed on top, gently tap the muffins on the counter.