Fantakuchen German cakes with Fanta Fantakuchen is a German cake typically flavored with sparkling Fanta. It is generally served at birthday celebrations for children and at Karneval celebrations nationwide. It is often referred to by different names such as “Fanta cake,” “German orange soda cake,” or “Fanta sponge cake.” Nazi Germany first invented Fanta as a last option to save the Coca-Cola company from substantial financial losses. It was the reason it became a trendy beverage in the United States. Here’s a quick recipe on how to make the German-style Fanta cake:
- Total Cook Time35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Recipe Servings2
Food Ingredients in Fantakuchen German cake containing Fanta
- Four large eggs (at room temperature)
- 300 grams sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 grams of flour
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1-1/2 Fanta, as well as any other soda orange
- for the cake
- 250-gram icing sugar
- 60 ml Fanta
How to Create Fantakuchen: German cake with Fanta
1. Preheat the oven to around 170degC or 340degF.
2. Clean the bottom of the pan with some butter or parchment paper. You can choose a 9×13-inch pan.
3. Mix the baking powder and flour in the bowl. If you want to add more flavor, add a little orange zest.
4. Mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and sugar. Add the oil Fanta along with the flour mix.
5. Alternate between the dry and wet ingredients, beginning by mixing the flour. This will enable the elements to be more bonded.
6. Ensure all ingredients have been appropriately incorporated, and don’t let the sparkling soda get out.
7. Place the batter in the pan and bake for 22-30 minutes.
8. Utilize the tried and true method of using a toothpick to test whether the cake has been baked. The cake should come out without a trace.
9. Take the cake off the tray and let it cool completely before placing any toppings.
10. mix the icing sugar sieved and Fanta within a container to make the icing. Stir until it melts.
11. When the icing is done when it is ready, spread it across the cake evenly, and allow it to drizzle across the sides. Sprinkles or nuts, or even orange zest, on top to make it more appealing. Instead of frosting, it is possible to employ heavy cream or whipping cream.