This amazing Malt Milk Cake is topped with Maltesers and makes it perfect for a party. Between each cake layer, spread frosting and then go around the edges.
- Heat oven to 160 degrees C. Two 20cm cake tins should be lined and greased.
- Beat sugar and butter in a stand mixer until creamy and smooth
- Add the eggs one by one and mix until combined
- Mix the malt, bicarb, and flour. Add milk, vanilla, and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Pour evenly into the two tins, and bake for 45 minutes until cooked.
- Cool tins in a tin for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the frosting
- Cakes cooled with ice between layers, around the edge and on top
- Serve with Malteasers crushed on top.
Tips and Hints
- Ovaltine malt is used to make this malt powder
- When the skewer is clean, it means that the cakes are ready.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until it is pale and creamy
- Add malt powder, cocoa, one tablespoon of milk, and icing. Beat until smooth, adding remaining milk if necessary.