This moist Date and Coconut Cake is a delicious classic recipe that’s also quick and simple to make! This date cake goes well with an afternoon cup of coffee.
- Preheat the oven to 180degC
- Bring dates, butter, and water to a boil in a pan while stirring. Then simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Cover and let cool.
- Stir in the eggs, flour, and desiccated Coconut. Bake in a lined 22cm round tin for 45-50 mins in a moderately preheated oven.
- Around the 20-minute mark, check to see if there is too much browning on the top and cover it with foil if needed.
- Remove the cake when the skewer is clean.
- Cool the chocolate for 5-10 mins in the tin and then transfer to a cooling rack