Skip to content
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix I prefer Pillsbury
- Three eggs
- 1/2 C. melted butter or oil
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1. C. butter at room temperature
- 2 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Orange food coloring
- Watermelon Air Heads
- Tootsie Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans and cupcake liner.
- Mix cake mix eggs, eggs, butter, melted milk, sour cream, and cake mix until it is smooth. Fill cupcake liners to 3/4 full, then bake for 18-20 minutes or until a knife is clear.
- Let it cool.
- Frosting: Mix butter and powdered sugar. If you find it too stiff, mix in a small amount of milk, or if it’s too thin, add extra powdered sugar. Add vanilla and the dye until you have the perfect color!
- Pipe frosting on cupcakes and then form a piece tootsie roll into a “stem” and part of an airmen Head into a “vine.” I’ve got a video tutorial about how to make these, and you can watch it above!