This recipe was made with the Breville Bakery Boss (r) Stand Mixer. Its power and speed make light work of batters and heavy doughs.
- Breville Bakery boss(r) Stand mixer is the best choice for getting the best results.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. (140degC with fan forced). Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper. Leave 2cm excess paper on the top.
- Pour egg whites into the Glass Bakery Boss Mixing Bowl. BALLOON WHISK on AERATING/WHIPPING until firm peaks are formed. Set aside
- Add egg yolks to a glass bowl. Add sugar, vanilla, and water. SCRAPER on LIGHT MIXING for 5 minutes, until mixture is pale and fluffy
- Add butter slowly until combined.
- Reduce the speed to FOLDING/KNEADING. Mix in the flour. Add lukewarm sour milk slowly until combined. Fold in the egg whites gently with a large wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for one hour and ten minutes. Bake until the top is golden brown and the center is slightly wobbly. Let the cake cool in the tin. Lift the baking paper from the container to remove the cake.
- Sprinkle with icing and serve with strawberries.