Baileys Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – fluffy pumpkin cupcakes decorated with soft buttercream frosting that is infused with a dash of Baileys Pumpkin Spice.
I posted this recipe to members of our Facebook community in the fall of last year but didn’t share it at the site. I’m sure some of you follow us through Instagram or have tried this recipe a go! This frosting is delicious enough to make the people who read blogs not try it! It’s impossible to go wrong with anything that has Baileys isn’t it? That’s right, dessert and adult beverages all together – that’s the best!
The recipe’s base can be found in the traditional pumpkin cake recipe that we posted in 2011. It’s a tried and classic recipe that is loved by everyone even those who don’t like pumpkins. Then there’s the creamy smooth buttercream frosting. It’s an “American” style buttercream made using confectioners’ sugar and butter. This makes it simple to mix! With a substantial dose of Baileys Pumpkin Spice, we also add notes of pumpkin vanilla, cinnamon, and coffee. The fall love of all!
A flat swirl of icing before rolling it around in chopped pecans makes a nutty bottom frosting that can hold an elegant top reel. Include a cinnamon stick for striking flair if that appeals to you. When you’re done, make sure you leave a bit of frosting inside your bowl… the teaspoon (er… the lick) will have your name on it! No matter how you do this one, I hope that you give this recipe to try!
BAILEY PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES
Delicious pumpkin cupcakes that are moist and topped with velvety smooth buttercream frosting and topped with a dash of Baileys Pumpkin Spice. Baileys Pumpkin Spice
- Author: Carrie Sellman
- Yield: 30 Cupcakes
For the Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon of baking soda
- Two tablespoons of baking powder
- One tablespoon salt
- Two tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Four eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
For the Frosting:
- One unsalted cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Baileys Pumpkin Spice
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
For the Assembly:
- Chopped pecans optional
- Whole cinnamon sticks, optional
Make the Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Bake at 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans and muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients such as baking soda, flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix in butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until it is smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, thoroughly beating every time you add eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, mixing until everything is well mixed. Scrape the bowl’s sides when needed.
- Mix it with pumpkin puree.
- Fill cupcake liners to 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake in the oven for around 18 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center is clear.
- Cool cupcakes in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring them onto wire racks for cooling.
- After the cupcakes have completely cooled, top them with frosting.
Make the Frosting:
- With a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, mix the butter with Bailey’s Pumpkin Spice and one cup of confectioners’ sugar to make it it is smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl as required.
- Mix at the lowest speed for 5 minutes until the mixture is silky, smooth, and silky.
To Assemble Cupcakes:
- Make use of a round tip to make the frosting in a circle on your favorite pumpkin cupcake.
- Dress with pecans that have been chopped.
- Use a big star tip to pipe frosting swirls to complete.
- Decorate with cinnamon sticks If you wish.
- Place cupcakes in the fridge. Serve them at temperatures that are at room temperature.