This easy recipe for apple tea cake is dairy-free. Your dairy-free cake is best served with tea.
- Pre-heat oven to 160degC/180degC. Grease and line a 20cm springform pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with bicarbonate soda and baking powder. Add Xanthan Gum, one cup of caster, and one cup of Xanthan.
- Combine eggs, Vitasoy Soy Milky Vanilla essence, and melted dairy-free spread in a small bowl. Mix until well combined. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and blend until no lumps remain. Pour into the prepared cake tin. Arrange apple slices in a circular pattern on top.
- Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on top of the cake
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool on the bench for 10 mins after removing from the oven. Transfer the tin to a wire rack and allow it to cool.