About Orange Chiffon Cake Recipe: A sweet and sour cake infused with the richness of vanilla and tart orange zest, paired with sweet tartar, this orange Chiffon Cake is one to try!
Ingredients of Orange Chiffon Cake
- Three eggs plus one additional egg large eggs
- 120 gms of in sifted flour
- 100gms superfine white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest, grated
- 65 milliliters of refined oil
- 65ml orange juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp extract of orange
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
How to Make Orange Chiffon Cake
1. Separate the eggs in two parts: yolks. Put the yolks of eggs in one bowl and the egg whites (along with the egg’s white) in a different bowl.
2. The oven should be heated to 170°C and prepare a 9-inch (25 centimeters) cake pan.
3. Sieve baking powder, flour, and salt together.
3. Sieve baking powder flour, salt, and baking powder together.
4. Inside the bowl, mix eggs, yolks, and sugar using your mixer. After that, gradually add oil. Also, orange juice and zest.
5. Add the sifted flour. Beat until combined. Scrape to the bottom of the bowl if necessary.
6. Separately in a bowl using the whisk attachment, beat egg whites with the whisk attachment until they become foamy. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
7. With the help of a large rubber spatula or wire whisk, gently fold egg whites in the batter until incorporated (be careful not to blow up your batter).
8. Place the batter in the pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer of a wooden type inserted into the middle of the cake is clear.
9. Let the cake cool thoroughly before taking it out of the pan (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours).).
10. Use a long metal spatula to take the cake off the pan. Invert the cake onto the wire rack that has been greased. Dust the top of the cake with confectioners’ sugar (powdered or frosting). Serve with whipping cream (or Ice cream) and fresh fruit.