Everywhere you go, there are indications that autumn is upon us. The temperatures are finally cooling, and the lower temperatures are beginning to show in the forecast. The weekend is filled with football, and the selection of apples at the market is filled with a bounty. This is the ideal opportunity to visit an orchard to go apple picking! It’s true; it’s the first time in quite a while that apple picking isn’t on our bucket list of things to do with our kids. Since we moved to Austin, we’re still getting used to the absence of any seasonality, as autumn in Texas isn’t like autumn, not at all. I’m not enjoying my favorite season, the anticipation of changing leaves, as well as the cold weather that we want during our annual apple purchase. This means I’ll have to be content with the aroma of apples along with cinnamon in the kitchen in order to get the fall vibe going. Maybe I’ll live through you… please send me your photos of apple picking and pictures with me through Instagram (#thecakeblog) and your images of baking in the fall! If you return home with an entire sack of freshly apple pears from your farms or an enormous bag of apples bought from the supermarket… here are ten apple recipes for baking this fall.
1. Apple Butter Cupcakes by Lindsay Conchar for The Cake Blog. Deliciously simple cupcake recipe uses apple butter both in the frosting and cupcake for plenty of apple flavors. The formula is available here.
2. Apple Toffee Crunch Cake by Tessa Huff for The Cake Blog. Fresh apple cake that is packed with pecans and crunchy nuts, cinnamon buttercream, and a drizzle of toffee sauce. Get the recipe here.
3. Caramel Apple Pecan Cake by Lindsay Conchar for Life Love and Sugar. Layers of soft apple spice cake decorated with pecans and the caramel glaze, apples with cinnamon and caramel drizzled on the top. Get this recipe HERE.
4. Apple Pie Cupcakes by Lauren Kapeluck for The Cake Blog. Fresh apple cupcakes topped with the apple pie flavor and brown sugar and cinnamon buttercream frosting. Finished with cut-outs of pie crust. Get recipes here.
5. Warm apple Cakes with Salted Caramel Gelato by Carrie Sellman for The Cake Blog. Individual apple cakes topped with chunks of apple cinnamon and brown sugar, and serve warm and salted caramel gelato on top. The recipe is available here.
6. Apple Pie Cake by Olivia Bogacki for The Cake Blog. A layer cake recipe that has notes of nutmeg and cinnamon. The fresh filling of apple pie with buttercream frosting and a pie crust’s lattice that is braided. Get the recipe here.
7. Apple & Goat Cheese Cake by Tessa Huff for The Cake Blog. Fresh apple cake filled with goat-cheese frosting, a cinnamon caramel glaze, and a dash of sea salt that is flakey and nutty. Get the recipe here.
8. Baked Apple Donuts by Carrie Sellman for The Cake Blog. Donuts made from apples, filled with fresh apples and apple sauce, topped with sweet cinnamon sugar. Perfectly delicious and baked! The recipe is available here.
9. Apple Crumb Cake by Carrie Sellman for The Cake Blog. A classic loaf cake that is topped with chunks of fresh apples and cinnamon, with the double crumble topping. Easy to make and great to share. Get recipes here.
10. Apple Crisp Cake by Olivia Bogacki for Liv for Cake. Spice cake, served with delicious apple pie filling made from scratch and a crumble of apple crisp. Get the recipe here.